There are many factors to consider before adopting a pet. Your lifestyle, personality, financial and housing situations are just a few. If you're considering adopting a pet, you may want to ask yourself a few questions:
- Why do I want a pet?
- Do I have time for a pet?
- Is my living situation stable and suitable for a pet?
- Do I have the means to care for a pet properly?
- Can I commit myself to a pet for the rest of his/her life?
- Can I cope with the changes a pet will bring to my lifestyle?
- Are others in my life ready to accept a pet into the family?
- Am I prepared for the transition period every pet goes through from one home to another?
If you're ready, then it's time to begin the adoption process!
- Click on the Adoption button located on this page
- Complete the application, to help speed up the processing time please include all required information.
- Watch your inbox for a “Welcome” Email from us and continued communication from our Adoption Team
* The application review process can take up to a week depending on the information we need such as a verification from a landlord. In most cases we are able to complete a virtual home study, however please note that depending on a dog's individual needs a physical home visit may be required to adopt.
After your application has been processed a MARS Adoption team member will review it to help determine if the pet you are interested in fits your lifestyle, home environment and energy level.
The Adoption team member will be in contact with you regarding the next steps and potentially setting up a meeting for you at our Adoption Center. Our adoption center offers large meeting rooms to allow you the opportunity to interact with your potential furry companion and space for the resident dog(s) and potential adopted dog to meet.
If at any point in the process we or you find that the dog of your choice is not the perfect match, then we will work with you to find a dog that is more suitable and would make a GREAT addition to your home.
Upon adoption, we require that you sign an adoption agreement and pay the adoption fee.
All fees are subject to MN sales tax and a processing fee at the time of adoption. We accept Credit cards, Debit cards as well as cash. At this time we do not accept checks.
Our Adoption fees for all animals cover required vetting: which includes, Rabies, Distemper Combo Vaccine, Bordetella, Deworming, Heartworm Test, Spay or Neuter and Microchip and registration. **As age appropriate or veterinarian determined.
We know you are excited about your new family member and so are we! We appreciate your patience with our process and look forward to having you be part of a deserving animals Happy Ever After.